top of page

TRAK CHP Cogeneration

Currently, most power generation comes from large power plants whereby only 33% of primary energy is turned into usable electricity with the other 67% released unused into the atmosphere. The energy is lost in heating steam generating boilers to power turbines while the electricity travels inefficiently through an ageing grid to reach its destination.


Alternatively, Combined Heat and Power (CHP) systems installed onsite at the point of use are becoming increasingly important in the energy sector’s transformation to a decentralized, stable and sustainable power grid. CHP is an efficient and clean way of generating electric power and thermal energy from a single fuel source such as natural gas or biogas. The prime mover engine drives the generator, producing electricity, and the residual heat created during this process is captured and turned into useful heat. Two types of waste heat are produced by generating electricity. The first type is the heat that is recovered from the engine jacket water that is cooling the engine. Secondly, heat from the exhaust gas is transferred through a heat exchanger. This captured waste heat now can be used for heating, cooling or generating steam.


TRAK uses 2G Energy CHP System Units

CHP systems can be employed over a wide range of sizes (50 kW – 2,000 kW), applications and fuels. CHP systems can regulate their output quickly. They are infinitely adjustable in the power range between 50%-100% load. With the help of TRAK control technology, they adjust to your actual energy demand. CHP systems can be installed in existing buildings or can be set up in a container or engine room. Noise emissions can be as low as 55 dBA at 1 metre (~3 feet) away, which is comparable to a home refrigerator.


TRAK designs a balance between the building/process needs (major electricity loads, central heat pump compressors, VSD circulating pumps and VSD fans) and the CHP system (generator output, island mode, parallel electricity grid input and photovoltaic panel offset). Thermal balancers include GeoExchange, groundwater, fluid coolers, exhaust air, domestic cold water, wastewater, solar thermal, laundry, kilns and other items.


Primary Advantages of CHP Cogeneration include:

  • Substantial cost savings up to 40% of primary energy.

  • Biogas units save up to 70% in energy costs.

  • Fulfills the highest environmental standards by producing up to 60% less CO2 emissions than conventional energy producers.

  • Compliance with governmental carbon emission regulations.

  • Fast Return on Investment.

  • Independence from rising energy prices.

  • Eases long-term forecasts of energy budgets.

  • Full cost control.

  • Highest reliability and efficiency.

  • Stable operation in case of power outages within the utility grid.

  • Sustainable energy investment.

bottom of page